Tradeasia International Pte. Ltd ,established in 2002 and is headquartered at Singapore is a global trading organization providing integrated chemical procurement services with a level of certainty and trust, which makes Tradeasia stands unique.
- Sodium nitrite is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula NaNO2. It is a white to slightly yellowish crystalline powder that is extremely soluble in water and ammonia and slightly soluble in organic solvents like alcohol and diethyl ether and it is highly hygroscopic in nature. Nowadays it is believed that it can help with organ transplants and leg vascular problems, while preventing heart attacks and sickle cell disease. It enters in human body through green, leafy vegetables or root vegetables, such as lettuce, spinach and carrots, and some drinking water. At most, about five percent of a person’s daily intake comes from cured meats.
- Many industrial applications of sodium nitrite are based on its oxidizing properties and its decomposition in an acid solution to nitrous acid based on this it is used in organic synthesis and production of azo dyes, Rubber industry, Corrosion inhibition, Alkaline detinning of scrap tinplate, Heat transfer salts, Metal coatings, Blowing compounds, Textile dying, photography and Meat curing.
- Sodium nitrite has several applications in the fight against disease and organ damage. It may be used to improve blood circulation in the damaged part. It is used to heal cardiovascular conditions by strengthening or repairing damaged blood vessels, it is achieved by combining with sodium nitrate. It is also used as a vasodilator, intestinal relaxant, bronchodilator, and an antidote to cyanide poisoning, and hydrogen sulfide poisoning. Sodium nitrite is often used to form dyes especially for the coloring of linens.
- In most of the cases, meats are cured using sodium nitrite. Curing meat with this chemical helps preserve the meat and delay the onset of botulism. Sodium nitrite is common in fertilizer, as well as it has the characteristic properties of herbicides and insecticides. It is preferred over the other compounds because it can help kill off living organisms that pose a threat to plant life without harming the flora itself.
- It is commonly used in the food industry as a stabilizer and an additive. It has antimicrobial properties that inhibit the growth of harmful pathogens and disease-causing bacteria.
- Sodium nitrite is used as a bleaching and dyeing agent. It is used to make basic dye, acid dye, and direct dye, and sulfur dye, diazo and azoic dyes. It is also used as an inhibitor of polymer, anti-freeze liquids, lubricants, rubber-processing, pulp-and-paper industries, industrial and household cleaners, and as a raw material in the production of products such as caffeine and saccharine.